Dormant company accounts

If your company remains dormant for an extended length of time, you have a duty to inform HMRC that you will no longer be trading.  Although you do not need to pay Corporation Tax or file another company tax return, you still need to meet the accounting and filing obligations and complete the annual tax returns, even if you have no tax liabilities.

You must file annual accounts and an annual confirmation statement to Companies House and provide a balance sheet and notes relating to the accounts. You will have a deadline for filing no later than nine months after the end of your accounting reference date (ARD).

You must submit the annual accounts no later than 12 months after your accounting period ends. You can report changes to registered company details, and keep company records up to date on the Companies Register.

We provide a full dormant accounts service from just £50 plus VAT.